Dr Ewan MacDermid is committed to protecting your personal information, privacy and confidentiality as per the Australian Privacy Principles of the Privacy Act 1988.
We collect personal information from you when it is reasonably necessary for us to conduct the services you may need.
We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
When you send us personal information some of the reasons we may use it for include:
- Contacting you as required to meet your medical needs. All contacts aim to be responded to within 48 business hours excluding Christmas Holiday period, Easter Holiday period, Public Holidays doctor holiday periods or a doctor’s family and emergency
- Claiming payment from medical authorities and insurers
- Complying with our legal responsibilities
- Complying with our obligations to hospital facilities, theatre staff and the people who will be treating you after your surgical procedure
The kind of information our clinic collects (including data sent via emails) includes:
- Personal information like your name, address, date of birth, gender, racial and religious information, payment details, ethnic background, occupation, sexual preferences, employer’s details, interests, payment details, financial information, medications, criminal record
- Information about how and where you were referred to us
- Health information including medical results, clinical and medical records
- Family medical history and their details
- Other medical service providers’ commentary, diagnosis and test results
- Analytics cookies: we use these to gather statistics about our site and apps. For example, they help us monitor how many users are on the site or app, and what sections are most popular.
- Advertising cookies: we use these cookies to improve our understanding of the kind of advertising that may be relevant to your health interests
- You can clear cookies from your device by changing the security settings on your web browser.
- However, doing this might mean that parts of our website(s) or apps may not work as they should.